Monday, December 1, 2008

Well, I guess it's about time for me to have a Studio blog. It seems like a good way to share my works with friends, family, and others in the online community. . . You should know that I do not consider myself to be an artist only, but a designer and creator, working in many media. These include but are not limited to Graphic Design, Painting in Oils and Acrylics, Fabric, Photography, and Mixed-Media. What is my style? My style is my own and varies from one mood to the next. ;) Today I'll show some more realistic, representational paintings.

Enough seriousness, let's see the goods!

Sailing the Sea. Acrylic on Stretched Canvas 24" x 36"
Just about everyone that see's this in person remarks how wonderful the sky is. Don't get me wrong, the sky is nice, but I love the way the rocks jut into the water and seem to radiate the warmth of the day. How wonderful it would be to be there now!


Untitled/In Progress. Acrylic on Stretched Canvas 9" x 12"

Again, I get many remarks on how wonderful the sky is. That is probably why it is still an in progress painting. I really like the sky, too and am painting this from a photo I took along a dirt road near my home. In the center of the photo is an apple tree that looks similar to the tree of life. It's a nice looking tree. I'll have to do some sketches for placement to see if that makes up my mind.